[vc_column column_padding="no-extra-padding" column_padding_tablet="inherit" column_padding_phone="inherit" column_padding_position="all" background_color_opacity="1" background_hover_color_opacity="1" column_shadow="none" column_border_radius="none" column_link_target="_self" gradient_direction="left_to_right" overlay_strength="0.3" width="1/1" tablet_width_inherit="default" tablet_text_alignment="default"
Kids between the ages of 3-12 are invited to bring their bikes and helmets to a parking lot Bike Rodeo! Presented by Trailnet, this interactive event uses fun obstacles and challenges to teach kids elements of bike skills and safety. The event is free and open to all, though masks and social distancing are required. Adults are required to stay with their kids during the program. Call 314-727-3150 with any questions.
Join Trailnet and the University City Public Library for a morning of on-bike education and activities. A Bike Rodeo is a great way to help get your kids get off to a safe start on their bike, wherever it may take them. So, come out with your kids, your bikes, and your helmets to ensure you and the young ones are up to date on all the safe cycling techniques you should know before you head out on a beautiful Fall afternoon FBR (family bike ride).
When: Saturday, October 10 | 10am – 1pm
Where: University City Municipal parking lot | near Kingsland Avenue & Loop North (Northwest corner of parking lot, across from U-City Public Library)
Experience Required: Some experience riding a bike is recommended, but not required. Keep in mind, however, that this is not a learn-to-ride event.
Appropriate Ages: 3-12 | Strider bikes and bikes with training wheels are more than welcome!
- Helmet – If you don’t have a helmet, we can provide a sanitized helmet for your use at the rodeo.
- Mask and other appropriate PPE.
- Water bottle (optional, but recommended)
How the Rodeo works: Upon arrival, registration will be required for your child to participate. This will be followed by a helmet fit test and bike safety check. Once these checks are completed, you and your kid(s) are free to head through the course: a series of on-bike exercises that aim to cover all the basics of safe riding practices and etiquette. It’s sort of like an obstacle course that makes you a better and more aware cyclist! NOTE: You will be required to remain with your children at all times. Trailnet and the U City Library are not responsible for kid wranglin’!
- Trailnet and UCity Library will provide some basic disinfectant options, but we expect the following from participants and their family members:
- Masks and other PPE
- Practices 6 feet of physical distancing with non-family members at all times
- Do not attend if you, your children, or someone you’ve been in contact with exhibits symptoms of or has contracted COVID-19.
- Please refrain from gathering into large groups with friends and other familiar faces
- Please leave the rodeo promptly after completion to make room for other participants
For more information visit https://trailnet.org/calendar/2020-ucity-library-rodeo/